View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdiamond72 View Post
Los Alamos or Taos NM
Ding ding ding! Good guess! My company has seen a downturn of new work lately, though we have a strong backlog of continuing work. My group has been on overhead basically for 4-6 or so months. Including my manager, there are 15 of us. He's been giving us a heads up that if we don't get good solid work coming in by the middle of January then some things will probably have to change for the good of the company. A couple weeks ago he had a quick sitdown with us and told us that the only work they've been able to get is an 8 month job in Los Alamos. He didn't say that if we didn't take the job we'd get laid off, but you could hear it in his voice. We had to give us his decision the next day, Friday, so he could send the resumes to our client and get us approved. 6 of us said we would go. A 7th might be coming with us. The following Monday we learned that we were accepted and should make plans to pack ASAP. I traveled down here the following Monday and started training today. So within 2 weeks I learned of the job, was worried that I was going to get laid off (what if they didn't accept my resume?), and ended up packing my bags temporarily and moving down here. Jacki is taking a class and has to finish up her school year and then we'll see where we're at. I heard today that 25 people were let go from my company today, 2 of them were from my group. So that leaves only 6 back at the home office. Interesting times.
Attached Images

1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD