View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Rising Sun Member

Hmm....read a VERY depressing statistic yesterday...said only 30% of people *ever* read a book cover to cover after they graduate high school. I would like to see the research on that for verification, but it feels like a relatively true statement. Very sad...

Been averaging a couple of books a week lately, mostly reading about how disgusting our food really is, and reading about how to scale up my gardening to provide healthy food for more people...I probably should start a thread on the Politics Forum...but our food supply is downright scary...

Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal - Joel Salatin

Holy Cows and Hog Heaven - Joel Salatin

Omnivore's Dilemma - Michael Pollan (read this last year but reading the Young Reader's edition with Olivia, Amber's oldest daughter)

Food, Inc. - ~Eric Schlosser, various others

Just Food: Where Locavores Get It Wrong - James McWilliams I love to read the opposite viewpoint when I am learning about new ideas, and his "opposite" viewpoint is not all that different, but brought up some very interesting ideas I had not considered.

Wolf at the Table: Memoir of my Father - Augusten Burroughs

Some "boring" books on Organic Gardening by Elliot Coleman, Raising Chickens, and random business books.

Did I mention my new house is across he street from the library, and I think I have 27 books checked out right now?

Of course at bedtime I read a LOT of Dr. Seuss and Clifford...
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11