View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

OK here goes my speech on the 100 series. Tires are 295.75.16 that size will fit with no lift. Most 100 owners run 285's. The lift does not affect the size of tire that will fit. It it didn't fit before the lift it won't fit after the lift. unless you lower the bump stops and decrease the upward travel. I have a Slee lift kit that consists of OME thicker torsion bars and a front diff lowering kit. The OME t-bars only increase the spring rate to allow use of the heavier front bumper and winch. They do not "lift" the truck. The lift is accomplished by adjusting the initial position of the t-bars. the OME shocks (front) are the same travel as the factory. Really all you change is the position the truck sits within the travel of the suspension. Think of the minute hand on a clock. the travel is from 10min past to 20min past. factory setting is say 13min past. I set mine to 17min. This can be done with the factory t-bars or an aftermarket. Spring rate changes with the thickness of the t-bar (spring.) The diff drop kit lowers the front diff to reduce wear on the CV axles at the taller setting. The rear springs are just like 80 series. I run OME863 and OME shocks. The Lexus models came with an Adjustable Height Control. Lexus owners move the sensors to trick the AHC into being set at high all the time. (basically a free lift)

OK that was the long winded version of 2.5" and 33's

I have armored it with Slee stepsliders and t-case belly pan, ARB BullBar, and thicker rear lower control arms. The rear bumper was build by Irbis they cut 3" off the back of the frame and integrated the 2" receiver. (I probably wouldn't do that again) I gained 5" of clearance over factory tow.

I take the hubcaps off when i leave the pavement. They break and are $40 each. The 100 wheels do not have as much off set so the hubcaps stick out further than on an 80. Also the bolt patern is differnt than 80's. It's 5 on 150mm a size shared with 08+tundras, 105 series and 79series offered other parts of the world.

I chose the 100 over the 80 because I didn't plan to go over 33's, wanted the extra power of the v8, better gas milage, heated leather seats. It's just a little nicer inside too. Rear windows go all the way down, rear seats recline. I can fit 3 full sized kid seats in the 2nd row too. I believe overall it is 1" wider than an 80 but if sure feels bigger inside.

It is not my intention to turn this into a 100 is better than 80 thread. If I were building a hardcore rig on 35's 80 would be preferable IMO.

My truck meets my needs. 98-99 are going for under $10k. These are not rich guy only trucks. LandCruiser reliability. 4.30 factory gearing, factory locker, fit 33 with no lift.