View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Corbet what's the dimensions of the window? I bet we could come up with a material & thickness recommendation for you... you would want to leave some slop in the frame to allow for thermal expansion/contraction, also you wouldn't any fasteners drilled through it- how far away from the current window could you theoretically install this new "storm" window? That will dictate how much deflection you can have.

But heck you can make anything from an airplane window to an aquarium out of plastic, a little snow shouldn't be a problem.
I thought the same thing! In our Laundry room in the Louisville property the kids used to find it funny to break the windows out. I replaced all the windows with 3/16" Polycarbonate(Lexan)......3 years ago! Even the long one next to a pop machine has survived everything they threw at it (foot prints, rocks/bricks, etc...) laying by it on the sidewalk. It has recently got scratched by probably a knife. They have tagged it in the past but Goof Off removed the permanent marker without chemically etching the surface.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior