View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
wesintl's Avatar
wesintl wesintl is offline
Hard Core 4+
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in da house
Posts: 8,042
Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
I have been studying trail damage web site,,
and I am starting to get the gist of it. I am especially checking the long trails.
In a previous post it has been mentioned that I need to get a permit a head of time.
Anyone care to elaborate about the camping permit? How do I get it a head of time and from whom? Especially when I did not make specific plans yet. Is that something I get for the whole area or trail specific?

a permit is only required for camping. if you bomb wr in one day you don't need it.

you will still have the vehicle park fee though but not required to purchase in advance

as noted i would go down to beef basin or spend some time hiking in arches, canyonlands, or some of the other close hikes. hitting the populr part of the swell is way mor fun than another day on steel bender IMHO. I would also do lockhart basin trail from needles to moab. nice 1 dayer.
See you on the trail
Couple o' FJ40's, BJ70, PZJ77, UZJ100, TDI 66FJ40,82FJ60,97FZJ80
Reply With Quote