View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Buy your in Colorado.
yes but don't speed into UT and down to Moab as carring accross the boarder is illegal.

If you left Saturday night you could take a southern route back to Denver and get a little tour of Colorado. I'll be heading out Saturday night/afternoon for Durango. Part of the stipulations of my hall pass.

I think most will cook in camp this year. I will probably be cooking back packing style with a micro stove as I'm running solo this year. Maybe town once if others are planning a brewery run

Make sure you bring plenty of water storage, a gallon per person, per day on the trail. Sunscreen, a sunshade for camp if you have one. Good shoes/boots and a pair of sandals/flops. You'll want good footwear while on the trail. Hat to block the sun. A tent that windows completely close up are good. Wind often picks up during the night. (mini sandstorms). A medium weight jacket or more. Temps can drop at night in the desert more than you'd think. I'd recommend a 10 degree sleeping bag. Or have some long underwear if it gets cold. You will want a good flashlight this year. There will only be natural light at basecamp. No AC power sources. I think its a full moon this year. That should be pretty cool. Camp chair is a must. Be prepared to get sand into anything and everything. But that's OK its part of the fun.

Everyone enjoys interesting and unique adult beverages. That makes you a popular guy around camp.

After all that you might think we are a bunch of boozers. But no. You will not see any consumption on the trails. That is a CM rule. But most of us will enjoy a few around a campfire.
2004 Starcraft 10RT