View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
DaveInDenver's Avatar
DaveInDenver DaveInDenver is offline
Hard Core 4+
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Larimer County
Posts: 8,443

I take my hydraulic fluid and coolant to the shop up the street from me, which along with a 6 pack and $10 (it's not free for them) has historically been enough that they let me dump it in their disposal tank. But Denver, like most Colorado counties, has a hazardous waste service that you can get rid of old batteries, paint and non-recyclable stuff.

Household Hazardous Waste

Many common household cleaning products, paints, pesticides and even motor oil can post a threat to your family and the environment. Even small amounts of these wastes, when disposed of improperly, can pollute ground or surface water and can put humans and animals at risk.

The Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority offers a household hazardous waste collection service through Curbside, Inc. for residents of unincorporated Arapahoe County and the City of Centennial. Curbside, Inc. offers a standard door-to-door collection program for the proper disposal and recycling of items such as used motor oil, used oil filters, antifreeze, paint, household and auto batteries, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, acids, photo chemicals and household chemicals. The cost to homeowners in the service area is $20, while SEMSWA covers the remaining cost of $90 per collection. Call 1-800-449-7587 to arrange a pick-up date and receive a HHW kit and collection bag, or download the collection service brochure for more information.

Citizens of other towns or cities should watch for information on occasional hazardous waste disposal events in their communities.
'91 Pickup - Imelda
'08 Tacoma TRD - Donna

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change." -- Heraclitus
Reply With Quote