View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Rising Sun Member

Bought the a newer Sony Cybershot DSC-W290 for Christmas based on how much I liked my older DSC-W100 I got for cheap for garage use etc. I'm NOT as impressed with the new one as I am my older one...

Part of my reasoning for sticking with Sony was I already had extra batteries, charger, and Memory Sticks (Sony uses their own special cards vs. SD cards) which helped keep costs under control.

But this new Sony doesn't seem to take as good of action or indoor shots as the older one did - There is no "action" setting or scene selection so many of the action shots came out blurry. It still does decent on stills and outdoor shots though IMO.

That said, I'd probably go with another make that uses SD cards that are more standard for use in other things....

EDIT: Bunch of camera deals here - link - but you wouldn't get one in time for Mother's Day

Here are some picture examples:

2009 with the old Sony DSC-W100
Name:  Em 2009.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  83.4 KB

2010 with the new Sony DSC-W290 (note same pool and everything)
Name:  Em 2010.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  61.9 KB

Outdoor still shots with the new DSC-W290
Name:  Em & Mead.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  72.2 KB

Popup camper before front landing leg was ripped off
Name:  CM2010.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  81.7 KB
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater