View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
easier said than found. used to be able to find exhaust kit stuff everywhere, now not so easy. need to get it done today cause next weekend is the last weekend i can get it through..i'm gone the weekend after that and if i have to pay the extra $25 bucks for being late, i may just have to go kick ritter in the nads.

everything was looking pretty good until i realized i just welded the old cat on upside down also going to have to actually weld the new cat to the head pipe...i was hoping i would be able to clamp it so it could be easily removed (for replacement, of course) crap!
Weld header flanges on the pipe and cat! It is amazing coincidence that my spun metallic substrate high flow 3" cat fit's perfectly in the same position and my emission compliant dual cat set up fits! Also fortunate is the fact that my spun high flown passes roadside emissions and actually surpasses the original specs of my vehicle. It is unfortunate that "Get Rid of Ridder" new standards require the highly restrictive-cut the fuel mileage to 5 MPG E-comp dual setup. I run a metallic substrate cat because the SC will melt the precious metal cats!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior