View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hunter View Post
OK so after more reading I'm looking at the right rear roof, someone on here had done that and I have existing holes from the removal of the factory rack. The satellite radio pod was a strong little magnet. Any advice on the best way to route the antenna wire to the front drivers side?

Update: Going for the center of the roof and will use mag mount or glass antenna and pigtail when hauling stuff on the roof.
The channels down by the doors make great raceways for wires and such...Hidden under the door jam panels etc. out of harms way. My FT-8800 is located in the PS rear compartment (attached to a FZJ80 subwoofer bracket I picked up from a guy on MUD) and my faceplate is in the front just under where the ashtray would be (but where my CB is). I ran the cable from the separation kit from the transceiver in the PS rear all the way to the front in the channel down the passenger side.

You could run your antenna cable the same way, but up the DS I'm thinking. Or if you're drilling a hole through the roof then you could run it across the headliner and then down the B or C pillar and then up to the front.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater