View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
Yeah, I was working on a volvo the other day and noticed it had this type of arrangement. I think the best way to do it is to use the stock type internal pump.

UB, I agree completely and this is why I am taking this route. I actually am thinking about just getting the GM pump module from a silverado which should match the motor pretty well since ti would be what it was like when it was originally in a GM truck.

My current inline pump gets wicked hot, loud, and cavitates at the drop of a hat. It has caused me lots of headaches in the past and I am ready to move on.

Kenny, how ironic that your pump in the GM .. the exact one I want to put in, failed. I am still going this route, but hopefully it lasts for a little while longer than yours did.

It's funny how it has taken me almost three years of daily driving the truck to arrive at the fact that I have to do this, interesting how the thought process/development goes.

Marco, is your setup TBI or direct port? I ask because I have a '95 vintage Siverado pump and lines I do not need. I was considering using it on my 80 sub tank set up but I decided I would rather use my old 80 fuel pump instead.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior