View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Air Randy's Avatar
Air Randy Air Randy is offline
Hard Core 4+
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Franktown, CO
Posts: 2,853

If it's leaking in just one general area on the Y pipe where it is accessible, try getting a muffler wrap kit. They sell them at Checker, WalMart, etc. Usually it is a metallic or fiberglass type tape that you wrap tightly around the leaking area. As it gets hot it shrinks and seals up somewhat around the area. It may help quiet it down but it is only a shlock fix until you get a proper repair completed.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 NOW 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock & (2) 1970 Boss 302 Mustang's THEN 69 FJ40 Buggy "Meanie", Mini-truck "Gecko" & 74 FJ40 "Blue Mule"
Reply With Quote