pull driveshaft for 4000+ mile trip?
If you read my "strange noise" thread, you see that Amber is taking the girls to the east coast for a few weeks, and is road tripping out there in her 80. My question is do you think it is worth it to pull the front drive shaft for the trip? I know some MUD experts say it makes no difference, but it would seem to me that even a 2 mpg improvement would make a significant difference over 4000+ miles. (hmm...quick estimate is just a few tankfuls, under $200). I know the resident expert who does the major work on our 80's does take his driveshaft off to go to Moab, but Robbie's truck is definitely setup differently than her stock 80. What say you?
* 00 LC
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig (FOR SALE)
* 99 Saab Convertible
* 76 Piggie
* 97 4Runner (The original Green Chile)
* 71 FJ40 "The Raven" - sigh, selling to make room
* 64 FJ40 "Ocho Mater 40" AGAIN
* 74&70 FJ40 - parting out, eventually
* 1965 International Metro Van
has a 2008 FJC