Originally Posted by corsair23
For testing purposes, straight line, yeah shifting into low would work...
5 mins of work and you could use the hazard switch as your CDL switch (I think you need to do some trimming though) or the other route is to shift into low range to lock the center diff, pull the fuse, and then shift back into high. I think I would do the later and avoid any potential for more noise being introduced by the center diff being in low.
5 minute fixes are very rarely 5 minutes for me.
* 00 LC
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig (FOR SALE)
* 99 Saab Convertible
* 76 Piggie
* 97 4Runner (The original Green Chile)
* 71 FJ40 "The Raven" - sigh, selling to make room
* 64 FJ40 "Ocho Mater 40" AGAIN
* 74&70 FJ40 - parting out, eventually
* 1965 International Metro Van
has a 2008 FJC