View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloCruise View Post
I had a original Toyota piece out of a square 40 ('79 or 80) as a template. It is nice that is one thing Toyota did NOT change pre-'78 to '79 and later. I got a new piece of PPG cut for $100.
That's cool! I will file that one off the the memory banks: One little thing that DIDN'T change on 40 bodies from 78 to 79-up. Suggestion (if you haven't already done this yet), lay the new glass up to either old glass (if it's intact enough) or the frame opening to verify the dimensions and radiuses.

Quote:
My orig gasket was pretty nice.
That's pretty rare in my experience. Awesome score!

Quote:
I have heard that GOOP hand cleaner works wonders for restoring old rubber pieces, so I tested it out on my windshield washer motor cover gasket and it seemed to soften the piece up. So I slathered up the windshield gasket with Goop and then rinsed it, now it is around the new glass.
Another one file file off into the mental archives. Thanks TJ! Have you heard whether GoJo or Fast Orange works similarly?

Quote:
I also think I have two tall people to help hold the windshield from the outside while I pull the rope.
Highly recommended, as I wrote above. I can sorta see how you could do it solo, but when I did mine the advantages of outside plus inside were pretty obvious.

Quote:
Wish me luck!
Best of luck and I'm sure you'll let us know how it turns out. Please be aware that anything for Toyota Trails has to be exclusive and not publicly available on the web or other publications. It is fine to post it in our member's only section, but if an article or specific images end up on the public web or any other publication, it can't be featured in Toyota Trails.

If it does get published, it will then be available at tlca.org, either as a teaser for everyone, or in it's entirety for members. I visited tlca.org (brought to you by Rising Sun and TLCA webmaster Matt Farr AKA "Hulk" here) this evening and renewed my membership and bought some shirts. I have to say Matt has done an outstanding job!

While I lingered, I read a couple of stories from Toyota Trails, downloaded the latest version in PDF format, and enjoyed some of the web-only stories for members only.

Glass cleaner, lots of glass cleaner
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/