View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
That's cool! I will file that one off the the memory banks: One little thing that DIDN'T change on 40 bodies from 78 to 79-up. Suggestion (if you haven't already done this yet), lay the new glass up to either old glass (if it's intact enough) or the frame opening to verify the dimensions and radiuses.

Another one file file off into the mental archives. Thanks TJ! Have you heard whether GoJo or Fast Orange works similarly?

Best of luck and I'm sure you'll let us know how it turns out. Please be aware that anything for Toyota Trails has to be exclusive and not publicly available on the web or other publications. It is fine to post it in our member's only section, but if an article or specific images end up on the public web or any other publication, it can't be featured in Toyota Trails.

If it does get published, it will then be available at tlca.org, either as a teaser for everyone, or in it's entirety for members. I visited tlca.org (brought to you by Rising Sun and TLCA webmaster Matt Farr AKA "Hulk" here) this evening and renewed my membership and bought some shirts. I have to say Matt has done an outstanding job!

While I lingered, I read a couple of stories from Toyota Trails, downloaded the latest version in PDF format, and enjoyed some of the web-only stories for members only.

Glass cleaner, lots of glass cleaner
Thanks for all the help Jeff! I did verify my old glass to the new piece and it was a great match. Interestingly enough, my old glass had no lettering or identification of any kind on it.

I do not know about GoJo or Fast Orange. I do know the first ingredient in the Goop is isoparafins.

I was aware of the requirement that anything for publication cannot appear on line before publication in the Trails.

PS: I did not use any glass cleaner, I went dry. The glass practically installed itself.

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!