View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I was pretty sure that you were shooting a Nikon D700, same as you were last year.

Have you adjusted the Color Mode in the camera? I don't have my D200 in front of me, but I seem to recall there were 3 Color Modes, labeled I, II, and III. On the D200, there is also Color Saturation and Tone Compensation settings. I'm betting the D700 has similar settings. What are yours set at? I'd love to try to reproduce some of your images.

The 70-200mm 2.8f VR lens is a super sweet lens (wish I had one!), but I bet I still wouldn't get those rich images without some color setting adjustments.
I will post my settings for the D700, I did tweak it a little bit, the new firmware for the camera made it better for tweaking...might wana check if you have the latest firmware on yours. The 70-200mm VR lens is tack sharp, you can tell on that mountain goat...

I also took a pic that Martin did not post (don't know if he is gona use it) of two marmots on the rocks and in the far background you can see the FJ40's on the trail...it's kinda neat...if Martin is not going to use it I can post it here....
K0RUI