View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I was pretty sure that you were shooting a Nikon D700, same as you were last year.

Have you adjusted the Color Mode in the camera? I don't have my D200 in front of me, but I seem to recall there were 3 Color Modes, labeled I, II, and III. On the D200, there is also Color Saturation and Tone Compensation settings. I'm betting the D700 has similar settings. What are yours set at? I'd love to try to reproduce some of your images.

The 70-200mm 2.8f VR lens is a super sweet lens (wish I had one!), but I bet I still wouldn't get those rich images without some color setting adjustments.
Lenses make a world of difference. You may not think so but they do. Some can be had in the camera or on the puter but you cant make up for sharpness and contrast from the start with the lens. When people ask me what to buy i tell them to get the lower cost body and save for the lenses. the glass is what makes the images not the body or the computer. sure you can play later but better to have an image the is good to start with. When i started shooting weddings and such i had the generic canon usm lenses and they worked great. But later when i got a few L lenses i compared and you can see the difference in the prints. my .02

nice shots guys.
TLCA #19056
08 TT FJC
82 Scrambler (Scraps)
81 Scrambler (Sassy)
07.5 Dodge Ram 2500
69 Maro... next project when the Jeeps get done.....