View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Club Treasurer

Default Barbour Fork 8/8/10 Lady in an 80

When I told my wife about the Ladies in 80s Run she was worried that her lack of trail driving experience would be a problem. Our new member Nick Andrews also wanted some trail time on a mid level trail. The solution: a nice short training run up Barbour Fork.

The weather was perfect (as everybody on Bill Moore and Spring Creek can attest). We saw hikers at the parking area at the beginning of the trail, and one group camping at the picnic shelter. Otherwise we had the trail to ourselves.

This is a great trail for showing newbies proper lines over obstacles. There are also some fairly tight tree lined sections, rocky climbs and ledge descents all great for gaining experience on different terrain. It is also tough enough to be exciting, but not overwhelming. I know my wife got pretty tense a couple of times, but by the end she was having a blast flying baja style down the dirt sections.

Some pictures:

These next 5 shots were taken by our 4 year old daughter:

Then I got the camera back and got a few "artsy" shots.

A great day all in all, and we had pizza at Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs for lunch before beating the traffic home.

67 FJ40 LC Tan
94 RN101 PU Pewter
95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
00 VZN185 4Runner SR5 Desert Dune