View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Schlegs View Post
I guess I will be looking for chain tomorrow at Home Depot.
Home Depot is probably not the place to go looking for Grade 70 transport chain or better. I picked up a 20' section of 3/8 grade 70 with hooks at my local Napa for $40ish? a few years back. At the time it was the best deal I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post

After using dry chemical extinguishers a few times I'll never use them again... thye are too messy and corrosive. Halon/Halotron is the way to go if you can afford it.
Finally someone else who shares my opinion of chemical extingushers. I will never use one again unless forced. Cleaning some chemical out of a steel floored 40 is one thing. (It still sucks I know from experience) But replacing the carpet of an 80 would be far for expensive than the original cost of a Halotron unit.

Another note on chemical units. From what I have read you should store them on their side in a vehicle to prevent them from "packing" at the bottom. At home no big deal. But the vibration of a vehicle can lead decreased performance the day you goto use it. Nothing worse than thinking your prepared and getting nothing from your extinguisher.
2004 Starcraft 10RT