View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper
Default Father Daughter Run

Well I got back around 7. Man am i beat. We got a late start on saturday but it was just us so we were in no rush. Got up to Rollinsville and started to head up to Kingston Peak around 11. Alexis got hungry for lunch and we stopped where the 08 Spooky Night run had the big feast. The J__p did not like the hills in 2hi. Started to heat up. Had to stop and dump water on the trans cooler. Got up to Kingston and was not many folks there. There was one group of wheelers there. The weather was AWSOME along with the views. Alexis took some photos with a disposal film camera. Did not want to take my bag. Sorry so some PICS will have to wait till i get the film scanned. We dropped into Alice around 3 and got to Loch Lomon around 4. It got cold at night but had a nice big fire and Alexis had fun making smores. Got up around 8 the next morning and I forgot how much having mom there helps. So took me a few hours striking camp. Got to drop a line around noon and no luck. We started to head back. Got lost in Alice and it took a bit but finally found the entrance to Yankee Hill. Never been that far south on the trail and got a bit lost trying to find my way. Yankee Hill itself was pretty ugly. Had a stock ranger trying it with no luck with the HUGE rut down it from the recent rains. Woodstock walked right up it. Was a blast. When i finally found my way it was smooth sailing up Yankee to the entrance of Kingston Peak. As smooth as can be. Was a bit rougher than Kingston. Even got slapped by a tree branch. Felt like i was home. haha. So I achieved my goal of avoiding the highways. Was a awsome adventure and Alexis had a blast. We even seen a deer coming out of the lake and plenty of chipmonks. And i now see folks will drive anything to get out in the mountains.... seen a guy and a pimped out exploder on 20 inch blings with 40 series profile as he bounced off a few rocks going by my campsite. Well did not get many PICS but here are a few taken with the cell phone. Im beat. Till next year... there are some awsome spots at the lake to camp as a group. just saying....
Attached Images

TLCA #19056
08 TT FJC
82 Scrambler (Scraps)
81 Scrambler (Sassy)
02 1500HD
69 Maro... next project when the Jeeps get done.....