Thread: Fuse Block?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Rising Sun Member

Inside or outside application?

If inside I have one of the ones that Slee installs (or use to anyway) seen HERE

I have just the fuse block, no cover, relay, or anything else. I ended up going the Blue Sea route like Hulk posted up. Mainly because I'm electrically challenged and didn't want to futz with trying to figure out the switched power setup . That and the Blue Sea blocks have ground lugs so once you establish a known good ground to the unit you have known good ground positions on the block. IMO that saves time when wiring stuff up even if I have to run a longer ground wire back to the block vs. finding a ground near whatever it is I'm adding (like my HAM radio).

One issue with the West Marine units is I'm pretty sure they are either all switched or all always on, no split.

If you're interested in the block I didn't use let me know. IIRC it is made by Wrangler.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater