Thread: Fuse Block?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I didn't do this -- should I get one? Where would I find such an item?

Pardon my ignorance: why do I need this? It's a fuse for the fuse box?
Dave's got you covered on the need aspect. As for where to find what you need it will depend on what you decided to go with. In my case I found a bunch of stuff on sale online from an audio company years ago and got my wire, fuses, battery terminals, etc. from then. I went with the ANL type fuse (toward the bottom of the page) and a water resistant style holder like this. I fused thise based on my max load now off the block + some to account for future needs. These things you could pick up online or any audio store like Quality Audio on County Line Rd etc.

I was really interested in going the circuit breaker route (I think Corbet went this route and did a write up on it here) because you don't have to worry about mucking with fuses and can shut off power to the entire aux block a little easier if needed. But, I already had the stuff mentioned above so for once in my life I decided to use what I already bought

For those interested, here was the write up I did on MUD: LINK

Just scroll to the bottom as the thread started off as a "how to remove the center console" question. No shots of the inline fuse at the battery though but the fuse sits right on the back side of the battery box, nice and close to the battery.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater