Thanks a bunch to Bill. We got the axles pressed out last night. First one had a few challenges, but we figured it out (namely that I only put the nuts holding the jig on hand tight and it messed things up, so we had to push the wheel bearing and shaft back in and that was "fun" figuring out. Got it back in though, and it came right out the second time. Its amazing how much force it takes to get those out, especially if its been a while since they came out (if they even have). After seeing that, I am really really glad that I didn't do the "shade tree" method and try to do the slamming on the ground method.
Thanks a bunch again Bill.