View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Rising Sun member

I really like the end result of my FJ60 PS conversion, don't know really anything about the 80 series steering box, but I think there are a couple threads on MUD of people doing or at least thinking about that conversion as well...and the FJ60 box wasn't really hard to find. The steering column parts I got lucky with because timmbuck2 was parting out Uglibus, and the drag link stuff, if I were to do it again, would seriously consider getting a custom one made. I'm still thinking about getting an intermediate shaft custom made as well, with a better slip joint and smaller u-joints. And I would like to shorten my steering column (FJ55 steering column).

So what are all the pieces and parts (not just the steering box) that you are thinking of, and that might be hard to find?
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD