View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Cool. What did you have to do to fit those projectors in the housing?

Nice cutoff!
The pics of the modifications are mostly here: http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...rojectors.html

Ok, I may have gone overboard on this one. I think I found the limit of brightness when measured on a scale of comfort.

I added double the LEDs to the two stock dome lights and the additional one in the cargo area. The two 48 SMT boards are just super glued together and the wires of one soldered to the other.
Name:  DSCF4039.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  111.5 KB

When compared to the lighting on the house, you can see just how bright the light is in the 80.
Name:  DSCF4025.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  78.5 KB

There is an extra courtesy light in the front door. Other than that, the only change was to add the LEDs. Keep in mind, you are looking through tinted glass in the rear windows. The cargo area is stupid bright now.
Name:  DSCF4028.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  70.3 KB
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133