View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
Remote faceplate either attached to the ashtray lip or oeverhead by the sunroof controls, depending on size. ...
Ok thanks Christo I think the ashtray lip is going to work, at least until I decide to do something else. I've never been a big fan of the overhead for some reason...

Anyway here's the 10 second writeup: radio is a Yaesu FT-8800. I ran the wires through the passenger side grommet, then down the kick panel and under the carpet next to the existing harness. The antenna uses one of the stainless brackets that Nathaniel makes (free shipping!) and my antenna is a SBB-1 for city life and trails, and a Diamond NR770HB for once I'm out and about on a longer journey.. it's too long for every day use though as it smacks the garage, and we just can't have that.

I ran the wires up under the seat, where I wedged the radio between the carpet and that computer thing.. it's actually pretty snug under there, plus the fan is facing up and out, so best possible case for that at least, though I'll have to remove the seat to mess with any of the cables.

The remote wire then goes back up and around the passenger foot well, then the faceplate is attached to the ashtray lip, and is the new handle for opening the ashtray. I'll see how this goes, but I wanted something in place by tomorrow so that's what I came up with in the time available.
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com