Originally Posted by treerootCO
The sound came and went. I also couldn't detect any play in the shaft. The only way we figured it out was to grease the shafts and the sound went away. When I took it apart, it was painfully obvious the u-joints were toast.
Interesting! Just did the oil change and lube on the 80 a couple weeks ago. With 122K on the odo maybe it is time to just get the shafts rebuilt. Both the 80 and LX probably could use it I guess
P.S. working on a stock 80 sucks...No room to crawl around under it. Although reaching stuff in the engine bay is a lot easier
I've asked the
if we could just put a little bit of lift on it but no dice, so far...