View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 View Post
...I did finally CQ on 145.460 and made contact with someone...very broken contact on low power in my driveway. Shouldn't I have had a better connection? ( I think so).

I haven't set the SWR on the Ham, and the temporary spot I have my antenna installed may not be helping.
L'ville has some propagation issues! You'll find that unless you are on the ridge by Harper lake or the ridge south of Superior or the ridge headed down to Boulder that the send/receive strength just isn't there. To the east seems to be fine and if Jeff were home you could probably talk to him on min power all day long. Shooting to the south or west is a crap shoot. The 145.145 repeater is reachable most of the time as is the 146.310 and 145.460. Simplex just wont go far in this bowl. I have also found that going south along Indiana to the club meetings has a lot of dead spots (my guess is the high tension power lines that parallel that route).
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior