View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I emailed Mike Coffman here in the 6th District.

Dave, thanks for the letter template. I changed it only a little bit.

Quote:
Dr. Congressman Coffman,

I am writing to you this evening to ask that you vote NO on HR 607. I am particularly concerned that this bill reallocates very important frequency spectrum from the Amateur Radio Service bands. As an avid ham radio enthusiast, I find this to be a terrible idea.

In Colorado, we use these frequencies for many purposes beyond simple two-way conversation. The impacted frequencies are very widely used for communications in remote backcountry areas and by ham clubs assisting with communications during large events such as the MS150 and other organized bicycle events, marathons and the like. These frequencies are heavily used as part of the volunteer amateur radio emergency services called ARES and RACES. This reallocation also impacts the frequencies used by amateur television that have no alternative spectrum elsewhere.

Ham radio is a hobby with long traditions of cooperation, inclusiveness and education in important communication and technical skills that we as a society must encourage. Amateur radio operators are granted small slivers of bandwidth, but we use them frequently, actively and for the good of society. I urge you to please vote NO on HR 607.

Best Regards,
Matt Farr
WRDY
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.