View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Winch spool in no worky. I went to use it during the pre-run and it would spool out but not in. I spent half the day trouble shooting today. Far as I can tell my solenoid is shot. But I could not figure out the right combo of rearranging the cables to run the motor in the other direction.
Which winch make is it? On my XD9000 when it went nuts and would run but not shut back off (made for an interesting moment on the snow run a few years ago) I finally figured out it was something simple...One of the wires in the control box came in contact with one of the brass bars, melted the wire's sheathing, and created a short. Warn was nice enough to send me an upgraded wire harness that worked with their newer winch controller on account that they insisted at first that the problem was the controller...I guess they felt bad that I spent the money on a new controller that didn't fix the problem - I discovered the melted wire when I was replacing the old harness with the new one IIRC.

Long story short, check all of your wires in the control box (assuming it is a Warn winch) for shorts
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater