View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Rising Sun Member

IMO your biggest concern will be rocker panels and dragging your butt

Even lifted (2.5") I drug the ass end of the LX all over on Fins. I don't recall any concerns about the rockers on Fins but I have sliders. With your length though, you'll want to really watch them as the expense to fix the rockers will make the cost of sliders look cheap. If you have a hitch on the rear that "should" protect the rear although the bumper corners could see abuse.

I've never been on Sevenmile Rim

As for alternatives...Of the trails I've run, the only one I can think of that might be a good alternative is Hells Revenge. I don't recall any rocker panel concerns on that trail and I think the only big obstacle left (tip over challenge) that we can do during CM has a bypass. Porcupine might be another trail if you are careful, but that was the first trail I ever ran and the first one I hit my sliders on (driver error)

Trails I've run are Porcupine, Poison Spider, Fins, Hells, Metal Masher, Wipe Out Hill, and Tip Toe Behind the Rocks
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater