View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Karie and I both wrote to our rep, Mike Coffman. He must prefer women constituents to men -- she received a response, but I did not. Here it is:

Dear Ms. Farr:

Thank you very much for contacting me regarding broadband access for first responders. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue and the opportunity to respond.

As you know, House Resolution 607, the Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011, was introduced by Representative Peter King on February 10, 2011. This bill has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee where it awaits further consideration. The legislation amends the Communications Act of 1934, to increase the electromagnetic spectrum allocation for public safety services. This increase is to be 10 megahertz, and be accomplished with a decrease in commercial use of the spectrum.

A contentious provision in the legislation pertains to a proposed auction of spectrum space. The 420 - 440 megahertz band, which has traditionally been used by amateur radio operators, is included in this auction.

H.R. 607 is still being considered by the Energy and Commerce Committee and could further be amended. Based on what I have learned about this legislation, I intend to oppose it should it come before the House for passage.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. For more information on my work in Congress on your behalf, please sign up for my newsletter at https://forms.house.gov/coffman/webforms/enews.html.

Sincerely,

Michael Coffman
Member of Congress
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.