View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

My wifes birthday is the 4th of July so where ever she want to go we go! In Colorado the two best places to be on the 4th that we have found is Ouray or Telluride. Both places will not have accommodation unless booked a minimum of 6 mos in advance! Ouray is just plain old fashioned (at the fringe of hooky) fun. The whole town is one huge party with activities everywhere. Have dinner at Buen Tiempo and you'll probably get to meet Dennis Weaver. Fireworks are shot off the switchbacks and the roar through the box canyon is unbelievable! Telluride is much more civilized but also ultra crowded. Stake out a spot near the court house early for the parade and you'll probably see Tom and Katie Cruise. Oprah is a regular in town also and has a awesome coffee shop on the East end of town. Fireworks are, beyond words, incredible and are shot over the park where a massive community BBQ is put on with games and entertainment a plenty!

Locally most places are similar and I haven't done Denver or south but up North, Longmont and Boulder seem to compete every year.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior