View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Need an affordable electrician

Hey there, need an electrician, is there one in the club? I got a decent quote from a decent one man shop but it is high enough that I am tempted to do it myself (along with all the other projects.... ). So I need to see if I can beat that.

The home I am buying has a 100A Zinsco panel. Any sparkies reading this just started shaking their heads. Zinsco is not safe, and 100A is beyond minimal. However, the Xcel meter is a 200A meter, and replacing the Zinsco with a 200A Square D or the like just makes sense. This would be a main panel replacement only, and the jobsite is near the top of N. Turkey Creek Canyon Road. Existing circuits are decent and only a ground rod/6ga. water pipe ground need to be added, besides the panel replacement. It is accessible from outside and wiring exits the panel via a chase in the back, and a 1.75" LB to conduit to LB to basement. Simple. Will be done under a Jeffco permit.

PM with interest and availability to see the site and give a quote. Thanks in advance!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.