View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM
corsair23's Avatar
corsair23 corsair23 is offline
Rising Sun Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Littleton
Posts: 8,684

Not to add more to your plate, but there are some additional steps you'll need to take to title and register a vehicle purchased out of state...I don't remember all of the steps when I registered my '74 FJ40 from California but I do recall having to have the local police (county deputy in my case) come out and do a VIN check. Not sure if they still come to you or if you have to take it to them. Check out the DMV website for details because you only have a certain amount of time to get everything done...

As for where to take it to get the rear end swapped (are we talking the whole axle or just the 3rd?) there are several in the club that could probably help you out and they will cost less - There are a few FJ40 specialists in the area including Joe Calleja up in Conifer and Rocky Mountain Cruisers in town (although it seems the jury is still out re: the new owners @ RMC)

Personally, I'd call/PM Robbie first and see what his availability is and go from there...
Jeff Z. (the "not quite as skinny" one)
TLCA #17037
'07 UZJ100
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs


"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Reply With Quote