View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 PM
corsair23's Avatar
corsair23 corsair23 is offline
Rising Sun Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Littleton
Posts: 8,684

IMO the 100% right way would be to find the original owner, have them sign over the title to your ex, fill out and sign a bill of sale, etc. Then your ex would register the vehicle in his name, get a new title, and then sign that over to you with a bill of sale etc. and then when you got the new title in your name you would repeat the process with Timm

The quick way would be to find the original owner and have him sign over the title along with a bill of sale as if Timm were buying it from him directly...That would save a lot of steps and you can consider your ex and yourself as just people that stored the vehicle for the original owner all these years
Jeff Z. (the "not quite as skinny" one)
TLCA #17037
'07 UZJ100
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs


"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater

Last edited by corsair23; 09-08-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Reply With Quote