Originally Posted by corsair23
Correct...I didn't mean to confuse the issue. I thought I remembered from back when that the original owner was the only owner until the 40 started getting "handed down". I should have stated you need to find the last owner whose name is on the title
- as far as the state is concerned, that person still owns the 40 and hasn't registered it for years...It will be interesting to see if you get hit with the Ritter fee after it is all said and done...
The way I uderstand it, the fee is only for the old owner..."my" date starts with the date on the Bill of Sale.....but I guess it depends on how they transfer the title...
* 00 LC
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig (FOR SALE)
* 99 Saab Convertible
* 76 Piggie
* 97 4Runner (The original Green Chile)
* 71 FJ40 "The Raven" - sigh, selling to make room
* 64 FJ40 "Ocho Mater 40" AGAIN
* 74&70 FJ40 - parting out, eventually
* 1965 International Metro Van
has a 2008 FJC