View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer
Matt clarification. By donate, that means to me that it goes to the trailer and stays there. i.e, anything I donate, I don't have as a personal spare from then on (after Moab).
We've discussed making a list of spare parts and who has them, rather than acquiring the parts. But this option has limitations:

1. Somebody has to make the list. With everything else we need to do to register people, inspect vehicles, organize trail runs, dinner, raffle, etc., this is yet another task that will need to be completed.

2. We need to make sure that we have parts late Saturday night. Romer, you'll probably be around until Sunday morning. But lots of people leave on Saturday afternoon, taking their spare parts with them. This has been a big problem, year after year.

I think a cache of spares, owned by RS, that will be on-site in the trailer until absolutely everyone is off the trail is the best possible solution. The more we can get donated, the better. We can certainly buy fluids, gaskets, and other small stuff.

One more positive: if we own the parts, we don't need to rebuild the inventory out of temporarily donated parts every year. Build it once and keep making it better, rather than starting from scratch every year.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.