View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
...taking a moment at the beginning of the run to arrange the order might be good.
I like that idea Martin if it is pratical...

My very first run ever in the LX was CM 2007 on Porcupine. I wasn't "new" to wheeling but it had been many, many years since I had actually been wheeling on a trail and the LX was brand new to me. I intentionally positioned myself behind another 80 on the run so I could watch the lines the driver took and see what his 80 did.

I spoke with the driver at lunch telling him what I had been doing and he sort of smiled and said something to the effect of "oops...I've been picking the hardest lines I could all day."

That instilled some confidence in me in and the LX knowing that in some cases I picked a different line wondering where the 80 in front of me was going with the "line" he chose? Also gave me some confidence knowing that the LX's capabilities at the time surpassed my skills as a driver and made things much easier.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater