Thread: Grand Canyon
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
If it's not too far out of your way. Not sure on the age of your kids? But I highly recommend Zion NP. It's excellent with young kids. We rode the free busses. Did some of the shorter hikes, little slot canyon stuff. The Grand Canyon on the other had was kind of a let down. Drove forever with the same scenery only to look over the edge. My kids were too young to hike anywhere that was any different than looking over the edge with 1000 other tourists. Line up to take pictures every where. The north side was closed when we tried to go. Bryce NP was great too. The San Rafael Swell has great moderate wheeling and excellent hiking. See http://climb-utah.com/ for some ideas
Hiking The Narrows trail in Zion is not for little kids unless they can ride on dads shoulders. I mention it because the first time I did it as a 10 year old I was beyond blown away. When my wife and I did it later in life (before kids) we were both blown away. Not our kids are big we will take them there again and be blown away again! Hard to explain the experience!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior