View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Well that explains it.. I drove across the state on Monday, and couldn't hear a peep from Grand Junction, Glenwood, Vail, or Breck.. I was thinking it must be my radio or antenna or maybe my coax broke, I couldn't get any of those repeaters to respond. I do have a history of screwing up the ENC/ENC DEC/ DCS tone setting, but I later figured I should at least hear a repeater ID and I heard none of that..

I know on my radio the 145.310 works well as I often speak on that one on the front range. And sure enough, outside the tunnel once I hit Loveland I heard the repeater ID, and was even able to call and have it ID back. So yeah, should have mentioned it earlier but for me the whole connection was down on Monday. I double-checked the offset and tone in my repeater book, and tried every option of the ENC/DEC stuff, and got nothing.

edit: You know they do a nightly net on the .310 at 7:30, if you're near a radio might be a good one to listen to, I suspect there may be an update. Usually Anthony in Castle Rock hosts it, KD0MSP

www.gamiviti.com