View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Chris, Why not just screw into the metal? seems like you're making it more difficult than it needs to be?
I did not want to screw into the metal near the tranny, because I didn't want to go through the metal and start a rust spot or allow water to have an entry path...

I did the block of wood with gorilla glue with the FJC Ham mount between the roof and headliner. It is a super easy install process, peel carpet back glue wood block, replace carpet, screw into wood block. Probably took me total of 30 minutes, and I am super slow with mods..

Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Icoms, like just about every other mobile radio that uses a microprocessor, have an auto power off to protect you from running the battery down.

For the IC-V8000:
  • Push and hold [SET(LOCK)] and then push [PWR] for 1 second to bring up the initial set mode menu
  • Push [SET(LOCK)] to scroll until you get the "POF-OF" function
  • Rotate the tuning dial to select between off ("OF"), 30 min ("30"), 1 hour ("1H") or 2 hours ("2H").
  • Push [PWR] to set the value and return to the regular display (the value is retained in flash between power cycles)
Page 64 in the user's manual.

I set mine to an hour, enough that if you're just monitoring it doesn't turn off too soon. Like a typical commute to work or run up to ski.
Thanks for the tip Dave!

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Perfect install!
You know you want one....
Chris in Denver
01 UZJ100
TLCA# 18518

Off Road Pics