View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Chris, Why not just screw into the metal? seems like you're making it more difficult than it needs to be?
I did not want to screw into the metal near the tranny, because I didn't want to go through the metal and start a rust spot or allow water to have an entry path...

I did the block of wood with gorilla glue with the FJC Ham mount between the roof and headliner. It is a super easy install process, peel carpet back glue wood block, replace carpet, screw into wood block. Probably took me total of 30 minutes, and I am super slow with mods..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Icoms, like just about every other mobile radio that uses a microprocessor, have an auto power off to protect you from running the battery down.

For the IC-V8000:
  • Push and hold [SET(LOCK)] and then push [PWR] for 1 second to bring up the initial set mode menu
  • Push [SET(LOCK)] to scroll until you get the "POF-OF" function
  • Rotate the tuning dial to select between off ("OF"), 30 min ("30"), 1 hour ("1H") or 2 hours ("2H").
  • Push [PWR] to set the value and return to the regular display (the value is retained in flash between power cycles)
Page 64 in the user's manual.

I set mine to an hour, enough that if you're just monitoring it doesn't turn off too soon. Like a typical commute to work or run up to ski.
Thanks for the tip Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Perfect install!
You know you want one....
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com