View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
We have 4 channels designated for 2m since that's the most common radio, particularly in mobile rigs (2m), which is all most were getting when the club first got into ham radio. There currently isn't a designated Rising Sun 70cm frequency, and while there could easily be it wouldn't apply to likely 60% of our licensed operators here. not because of band privilege, but equipment.

And yes, you hit it the theme of the thread here is exploring just that- does 70cm propogate better in the mountains (and canyons) than 2m.. and my answer is I don't know, but I'm willing to try!
So Tim, let's try a 70cm channel tomorrow and see how it works. I will monitor 460 and the denver repeator for any RS members. If you are out and about we can try 70cm just LMK what channel. I will be on the south side of town so not sure of reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me