View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
Mark converted his V6 ARB diff to HP with the same ARB, and installed new 5.29 gears into this diff and a second diff with a detroit locker. He is now a journeyman gear installer, start making your reservations now for gear changes!

Going forward WE NEED HELP! We REALLY need the rest of you Rising Sun gearheads to come out to the shop and help mentor the new folks through their maintenance and repairs. You don't need to be an expert, just someone who is handy with a wrench, has a little experience and wants to help out.
LOL! I've seen one and "done" one, but I don't think I'm quite ready for "teach" one... It is kind of fun, though, and certainly not mysterious enough to pay a shop a bunch of money to do. I can't thank Randy enough for his help, served up with just the right level of public humiliation to make you remember the lessons. Seriously, though, thanks!!

He's not kidding when he says they need help. There's a ton of work to do, and not enough folks to do it. I've looked at the list of jobs for session #3 and, though I don't claim any particular expertise in any of them, I'll plan to be there either day, or both. I can run a grinder, keep one side from running off with the other side's tools , fetch parts, or whatever.

Mark

http://www.scaldeddog.com