View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO
Default Pager duty needs a better view...

Does anyone have any experience with cellular repeaters? I want to regain my weekends but need to be available by phone/internet if called. For now, the internet part is less important. For internet, I just need to be within a reasonable distance from town. I have looked into satellite technology for internet and it hasn't quite overcome the price yet. The mobile dish is around $1000 but the data plans are $6 per MB. For cellular, I can't justify a sat phone but might have to go that route.

This was the one I was looking at mounting on the 80. It runs off 12V and has an external antenna I could run up a tree if needed. It would also be kinda cool to better my cell signal at home by just having the 80 in the driveway.

http://www.repeaterstore.com/product...4KSBR-50U.html

Name:  4KSBR-50U-kit.png
Views: 94
Size:  127.8 KB
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133