View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thursday afternoon Myself, Daniel and Steve Powers headed out to explore the beginning of Porcupine Rim the branches off of Fins and joins the Porcupine Rim route we traditionally run. I've been wanting to add this section to my Friday run.

Route finding is a little confusing after you leave Fins. There are a few spurs and we made a circle once only to retrace our steps. (Daniel decided to head back to town after getting lost) I really like the extra section. There are a few ledges to climb much like the rest of Porcupine and some deep sand to drive. Almost dune like. Some cool views to match.

However the intersection where you regain the main trail is the same off camber spot at the beginning of the standard run. Its a pretty challenging spot that has a definite chance of a roll to get back up on the main trail. Both myself and Steve had to lock both axles get through after a healthy attempt of stacking rocks open.

It was our opinion that unless we changed the vehicle requirements for Porcupine it would not be possible to add this section at CM12. I can't see an open vehicle making it let alone a group of them. Sorry I forgot to take any pictures
2004 Starcraft 10RT