View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

I was under the understanding that in Colorado, plating a non-street-legal bike, once a very simple and straightforward affair, has become very difficult (unless on an older bike, say, pre-2005 or something). No? There was quite a bit of chatter about it on the bike boards.

I used to plate dirt bikes as de rigueur, but the recent rules make the KTM plated bikes that much more attractive. I will say I saw a CRF250X plated in Evergreen though, which would create some doubt in my mind. Or else the dude found a particularly and conveniently clueless clerk.

I've plated everything from a Bultaco Alpina 348, an IT175, a KDX 220, an XR650R, and even a graymarket Ducati. None were quite exactly DOT compliant (of course I made them that way doncha know... wait, what? Was that a drone??!?).

The XR650R even has winkie blinks, which turns out to be quite an advantage in Utah. Plated or no, if you got no winkies, you ain't street legal. Must be a Mormon thing.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.