View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Rising Sun member

I got tugged a couple times through some spots in order to get to the JC trailhead, and once we got there I hopped in with Uncle Ben to check out the JC conditions. It quickly became obvious that there was no way I would try to follow UB and WR on JC. But WR kept going right through. Made it look easy. I was thinking to myself, "even if I had a vehicle that could do what we're doing right now, I'm not sure I'd have the guts to drive on this stuff." It's narrow, with trees on both sides, off-camber, with big piles of snow scattered all over.

I was so excited that I forgot my camera for this part

We worked our way to the gatekeeper snowdrift, which was huge! It was probably at least 12 feet deep! The road after the drift had a lot more off-camber drifts, so we figured it was best to turn around. And then WR got stuck.

Digging 40" holes is fun

And then just a couple more pictures for fun. Two very different FJ40s.
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD