View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Success? Rode to work today and I must say the bike's running as well as, or possibly better than, ever. Starts, idles, quickly jumps in RPM, and a slight amount of deceleration popping, all feels right. What's curious is I've learned that the ease of shifting has everything to do with how well the bike is running. I can find Neutral fairly easy now from 1st or 2nd, even while at a complete stop. When the bike runs poorly, it'll do anything from die when I shift into 1st, to just about refuse to go into Neutral either stopped or moving.. so for whatever reason, neutral shifting has become my litmus test.

Ok onto a question: I flipped the float bowl drain line up and over the carb, as directed by JD. while doing so, I realized that I do have some gas in the line that exits the top of the carb, on the other side (near where the throttle cables attach). Is this normal? or am I onto something here... the arrow points to where the gas was this morning when I rolled the bike out of the garage, first time I've touched the bike since Sunday.
Attached Images
82 fj40, 99 uzj100, 06 gx470

05 525EXC, 01 XT225, 07 TTR90, 07 CRF50